Community Homes Tees Valley is an Enabler Hub, set up to provide support and advice to help local groups create affordable community led housing.
The Hub will help groups get the support they need to set up a community led housing project, build new homes or refurbish or convert existing buildings. There are a range of ways we can help you through all the steps you need to make your housing project happen. This includes peer support, technical support, links with specialist services and advice on shared best practice.
We are just getting started but get in touch to discuss the needs of your group and join our mailing list to stay in touch.
What is Community Led Housing?
- Community led housing is where local people join together to look at housing issues in their local area.
- This starts with the community identifying what is needed, such as here aren’t enough starter homes for people to buy, there are too many empty properties or that there aren’t enough affordable homes to rent.
- The community can then play a leading role in solving these housing problems by exploring the needs of their community and helping to provide new homes in the area.
Have an idea but don’t know what to do?
How we can help:
- Give you advice on how to set up a community led housing group.
- Help you find the right people in your area to join the project.
- Help you access funding and support for the project.
- Link you with our teams and partners who will be able to offer advice on your project and help you meet our community’s needs.
To find out more general information on Community Led Homes visit: https://www.communityledhomes.org.uk.